Hello!

Welcome to my blog...

What is my blog about? Hmm..Everything, and anything! Whatever I feel like putting out there for everyone. I will probably blog alot about my love of reading, my obsession with nail polish, and whatever else falls in between.

Thanks for stopping by...come again!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Off to Italy..

Wow...BUSY,BUSY day... Very tired!  Didn't know if I would survive Shawn's driving to Toronto to the airport but I did (LOL), we were stuck in traffic for more than 30 mins and we still managed to get there 4 hours before our flight took off.  Our flight to Philly was delayed by about 1/2 hour in total.  Made it to Philly, just in time to haul ass to our departing gate and hope in the line to board.  Bought a really nice frame with the Liberty bell on it, so I took a quick pic of the kids in front of a cool display so I can put it into the frame.

On our plane going to Italy, there was 2 seats side by side that were empty and the steward offered them to a single gentleman who was sitting in a middle row with a family..he declined so I threw my hand up and said I would take it (forgot my vaseline for my hips and it was one hell of a tight squeeze with Madi and I squished up against one another. LOL)  Yea me!  Madi ended up sitting by herself with 2 seats, and so did Tyler and me...wonder if we will be so lucky on the flight back???  Here's to miracles... What a long flight that was!!!  We boarded 20 minutes early, but then got held up in a airplane caravan situation for 40 minutes so that blew our lead out the door!  Flight was good.  No turbulence at all..Only complaint, the on flight meal we were served, it tasted good, bbq chicken ( all 4 paper thin slices of it that were no wider than my index finger), the ice cream scoop of mashed potatoes, and a good portion of green beans, accompanied with a baby roll, bite sized brownie and if you wee lucky one whole leaf of lettuce with 1 cherry tomato and 1 cucumber slice as your salad.  Oh yeah... I started to laugh and told the steward if he was smart he would stay away from Tylers seat until he fell asleep because he was liable to grab the guy and start chompin'!  Surprisingly, Tyler didn't complain about what little he had...I was inpressed!

Didn't get to Rome until 8:30 am THEIR time, 2:30 am OUR TIME and then we had to wait around for the rest of Tyler's baseball team players and the girls from the soft ball team too...we were there until 1:30!  We hauled butt to the Sistine Chaple as we were late, took in the sights, and I took a bunch of pictures.  Check them out at my facebook sight.  You can find it here at http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150245430712610.327767.534812609.

Enjoyed dinner at a great little restuarant where we had homemade bread, drizzled with olive oil, cracked pepper and sea salt, followed by homemade lasagana noodles smothered in a delicious blush sauce, cheese and meat. YUM! Oh ya, can't forget the dessert! I believe it was Tiramusu...

Back to the hotel, did some stuff on the computer and showered, now I must get my butt to bed for our big day at the Collisieum, a tour of Rome, our first game and a trip to an authentic pizzaria!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment