Hello!

Welcome to my blog...

What is my blog about? Hmm..Everything, and anything! Whatever I feel like putting out there for everyone. I will probably blog alot about my love of reading, my obsession with nail polish, and whatever else falls in between.

Thanks for stopping by...come again!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 7...

Hello, and good morning!  I am feeling MUCH better today, tummy is still a bit upset, but dizziness and headache are gone!!!

While checking up on some blogs I have been following, fellow blogger, Carina at http://www.gildednails.co/2011/05/illamasqua-nails-masterclass-with-mandi.html , had posted some great nail tips from Mandi Levanah, a nail professional,  who has had her work published in Vogue, Harpers Bizarre and worked with celebs such a the Pussycat Dolls, Rhianna, Pink and Nicole Richie.  I thought  Carina wouldn't mind me posting the tips here on my blog as long as I gave her credit for it...hope I'm right!  LOL

Here are the nail tips: 
  • When filing the nail, it is best to use one with a 'fine' abrasive surface such as a 240 grit file. This will prevent damage occurring to the nail when filing which can cause the nail to peel on the tips.
  • The most flattering nail shape for a person is usually one that mirrors the natural contours of the base of the nail. However, she noted that it also depends on fashion and your preferences, so choose a shape that makes you happy! 
  • Don't paint your nails straight after soaking them in water or having a shower. Water relaxes and changes the shape of the nail and if you paint them when they are still damp and relaxed, as they dry and reshape, the nail polish can crack, peel and bubble. As such, the best time to paint your nails to ensure a lasting manicure is when they are completely dry! 
  • Use a nail prep whenever possible so that all moisture and surface oils are removed and you have a clean, dry base to work with. 
  • ALWAYS use a base coat before applying your polish. 
  • When applying the polish, use the three stroke technique (for a pretty good demo of this technique, check out this post) and don't load the brush with too much colour, otherwise it will run down the brush and flood the nail.
  • Always leave a 1-2 millimetre gap between the polish and your cuticles.
  • If you get polish on your cuticles or too close to the cuticles, use a small, fine makeup brush dipped in acetone to clean up the cuticle area (I use the technique in this post).
  • Always use a top coat to ensure your mani lasts. If you want it to last for at least a week, refresh your top coat every second day. 
I think the best tip I got from Mandi was to be creative and not be afraid to use colour and mix things up a little with some nail art and funky colour combinations!
Hope you find these tips as useful as I have!

While blog hopping I have found seen the new Finger Paints Fall colours that will be available in August!!!  They look amazing, can't wait!  Fellow blogger Polish Insomniac had them posted on her blog, here I go stealing again!  Geez, I really hope they don't mind!  I don't know about the price listed at the bottom, I'm sure prices are different where she is from but the colours...GORGEOUS! You can click on the title below to be taken to her blog...



 

I'm baaackk...........(7:53pm).  Well, I had an interesting afternoon!  Remember earlier how I said I was feeling soooo much better? Well, I spoke to soon!  Around 2:30 my dizziness came back with a vengeance, and with it came it's friend nausea.  I decided to get up and get supper going ('cause isn't that what you SHOULD do when your head is spinning faster than a spinning top??) Stood up, got to the love seat and thought, "wow, I think I'm gonna either hurl or pass out!" and THAT was the last thing I remember.  Next thing I know, I'm staring up at our living room ceiling fan and my dog has his whiskers up my nose and is licking the skin off my face.  I should tell you, for those of you who don't know me, I am a LARGE woman.  If I fall down, I'm making some noise when I fall down, it ain't like some feather weight anorexic girl sliding daintily to the floor, I'm talking, baby bear falls out of a tree kinda noise!  You would think my neighbours would have heard it, let alone my two kids AND sleeping husband, but noooo, not one person came out to see what happened.  I laid there and hollered for someone to come out of their rooms and help me for what seemed like forever, until my daughter came out and I told her to go get my husband. Well, again, for those of you who don't know me, or my family, you wouldn't know that waking my husband up is like waking up a sleeping bear, and if you think that once he is up he would be ok to talk to you're wrong, it only seems like you are now talking to an angry, stoned bear because he is so dozy when he first gets up. Imagine the help I got...went something like this...
karla (laying on the floor), daughter Madi (sitting on the love seat) and Shawn, (standing over me).

Shawn: "what are you doing?  did you fall or something?"
Madi:  "she fainted"
Karla: "mmhhmm"

Shawn: (sits on the couch and stares at karla laying on the floor), "sooooo, do you need me to take you to the hospital or something?
Karla: (still laying on the floor), "uumm, help up?"
Shawn: (raising his voice) "ya, well, I can't friggin' hear cause my damn ears are plugged up from this stupid cold!"
Madi: Laughs...
Karla: "Oookaayy??"
Shawn and Madi come over to me, Madi stands from behind, in case I go down again, Shawn pulls on my hands.

As Shawn pulls me up, he leans over and looks at THE BACK of my shirt and says, "I thought you said you swept the floor earlier? Doesn't look like it, your shirt is covered in dog hair!"
Karla (thinking this, but not actually saying it because I am still woozy "WTF???!!! I wish I had the strength to kick your ass right now!"
Shawn: (looks over at the stove), "what?!  supper isn't even cooked yet?"
Karla: (I must have had a look on my face that said "shut the hell up" because he then said,"oh, thats ok, I'll finish it up...)

Really????  THANKS!  (See what I deal with around here???)

I'm going back to bed for the night peeps...."see you all tomorrow!"


No comments:

Post a Comment