Hello!

Welcome to my blog...

What is my blog about? Hmm..Everything, and anything! Whatever I feel like putting out there for everyone. I will probably blog alot about my love of reading, my obsession with nail polish, and whatever else falls in between.

Thanks for stopping by...come again!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 8..

So I know the voting isn't over yet but picture one is winning by a landslide and I am bored with my old mani already so I couldn't help myself...I did the picture of the first mani tonight (I guess technically, this MORNING).  I have to admit, I'm not crazy about it.  First off, I couldn't find stars like the one in the picture so I settled for plain rinestones I had from Walmart at home.  The picture looks like it has a matte finish, mine has a gloss.  The person in the picture clearly took the time to tape off half of her nail to keep it straight and even, I couldn't be bothered. This is also the very first time I have used any type of gem on my nail, and I have to admit, I'm not liking it.  Maybe mine are too big, I don't know, I just don't care for the look, plus I can't imagine them staying on for long.  I'm thinking once I go to bed, I will end up with one or two coming off in the night, time will tell (or not, as I never keep a mani on for more than a day or two and I can see this one coming off very quickly).
I took a picture of the polishes I used.  I started with  2 coats of  Salon Sciences, fiberglass network (I'm hoping it will strengthen my nails), followed by China Glaze, strong adhesive base coat.  I then applied 3 coats of urban grey, by Avon, 2 coats of ORLY, sec n' dry, 1 coat on 1/2 my nail of OPI, black shatter.  I added another coat of sec n' dry applied a rinestone and yet another coat of sec n' dry to adhere the rhinestone to my nail.
Like I said, I'm not crazy about it....what do you think? 




You have to excuse the horrible condition of my cuticles...I'm working on them...

No comments:

Post a Comment