Hello!

Welcome to my blog...

What is my blog about? Hmm..Everything, and anything! Whatever I feel like putting out there for everyone. I will probably blog alot about my love of reading, my obsession with nail polish, and whatever else falls in between.

Thanks for stopping by...come again!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day two in Italy

So tired! Time change is a killer! Up at 8:30 am Italy time (2:30 am my time), and I have to tell ya, I looked like a bag of dog poo that was smashed against a tree and left out in the sun to dry up!  Seriously, my eyes were so swollen, I thought I had been in a fight and blacked out!  I have bruises all over, 3 on my upper right arm, 2 on my upper left arm and a big one on my right hip..I don't have a clue as to what or how I did it either.

I doctored myself up and tried to make myself presentable, but I don't think it worked to well, I just looked like a fresher version of what I described in my first sentence!!  LOL

Breakfast in Italy is so not like anything we have ever experienced.  We are use to eating bacon, eggs, pancakes or waffles and cereal with muffins, bagels or toast.  In Italy we got hard boiled eggs, ham, cheese, rolls, granola, red orange juice and a really sweet tasting grapefruit juice.  I took pictures of what their version of toast was...I found it quite funny...



It comes in a package, like melba toast but slightly larger, it's cute!

After breakfast we were on th bus and off to the Coliseum!  Very hot day!!  In the high 80's mid 90's but felt like it was 110!  We walked, and walked and walked.  We walked from 10 am until night, and I have the huge blisters to prove it! 




We walked so much today, I swear I should be 50 pounds lighter!!  When I got back to the room after supper and took off my shoes I couldn't believe how swollen my feet were, within 2 mins. of taking my shoes off my feet looked like footballs!  Showered and propped them up on some pillows and they were good to go in a few hours, I'm willing to bet I'll be in some major pain tomorrow though, in places I never even knew I had muscles to strain!  lol





The boys had a great game against Italy.. They won 9 - 3!  I even got some video of Tyler hitting, unfortun. I stupidly kept the video camera on him and didn't show where he hit the ball out to, which he actually hit the fence, almost a home run hit!  Great job Tyler and the rest of the USAAI team!



No comments:

Post a Comment