Hello!

Welcome to my blog...

What is my blog about? Hmm..Everything, and anything! Whatever I feel like putting out there for everyone. I will probably blog alot about my love of reading, my obsession with nail polish, and whatever else falls in between.

Thanks for stopping by...come again!

Friday, August 05, 2011

It's good to be back!

First of all I have to apologize for not blogging.  I am sorry.  I was too busy in Italy to blog, and then on our return home I have found it very difficult to get my mojo back. That being said, I am attempting to get myself "back on the saddle"....

I am sooooo happy to be back in Canada!  There just aren't words enough to express this... Yes, Italy was an amazing experience and I am grateful to have had the chance to experience it.  That being said, I realize just how much I love my country and the people in it.  Italy had beautiful landscapes, and buildings.  It has a great history, and museums in abundance, but none of that could make up or compare (for me anyways) to my own beautiful country.  The culture shock was like hitting a brick wall at 100 miles an hour.  The food, the time change, the people, the language, EVERYTHING, was just so very different to me.  Would I ever go again and see if a second visit would change my views?  No.  It just wasn't for me.  I realize other people LOVE Italy, just as I LOVE Canada.  I get that.  I know that there are people who would do anything to visit Italy, that it is their dream destination, it just wasn't mine.  As much as I love travelling, and want to continue doing so in the future, I think I will stick with places that I don't think would be such a shock to my system...Australia, Ireland, Scotland, New York, Arizona, Texas (Dallas..as I would love to visit my amazing new friends), and I would really like to travel around Canada to get a more in depth view of my own country.

I met some amazing people, parents and kids from the team.  I hope to continue with these friendships and visit them in their home towns, as well as have them come visit me here. Those friendships are what really made the experience in Italy a positive one for me and my kids.

When I got home, the most beautiful sight awaited me....all of my ebay goodies had arrived!  It was like Christmas in August!  Woo hoo!  Nail polishes and nail paraphernalia in abundance...ahhhh!  Can't wait to get my little hands on all those amazing colours and start painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment