Hello!

Welcome to my blog...

What is my blog about? Hmm..Everything, and anything! Whatever I feel like putting out there for everyone. I will probably blog alot about my love of reading, my obsession with nail polish, and whatever else falls in between.

Thanks for stopping by...come again!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Battle of wits and ice cream disasters...

Quiet day, my son and husband are in London at baseball and that just leaves my mini me (daughter) and fur baby Kramer..what to do, what to do??  Hmmm....ice cream?  Sure!  I am not a huge ice cream lover, it upsets my tummy for whatever reason, but every once and a while I get a hankering for some and tonight was one of those nights.
Load up the crap-mobile ( our nearly 20 year old Oldsmobile that looks like a good breeze could blow apart) with the fur baby and mini me and away we go (me in my nightie, because that's how I roll...LOL). My mini me runs into the ice cream store and gets the ice cream (because I am in my nightie, and we don't want people running out of the store screaming) and we head back home. Of course Kramer is whining in the back for some, so I let him have a few licks, until my mini me said I was going to crash the car if I kept turning around to feed the dog, so she proceeded to scoop out ice cream with HER FINGERS!!(from MY cone) ewwww!  (yes, I know, alot of you are going, "is she kidding?  wasn't SHE just letting her dog LICK the ice cream from her cone??) YES, Yes, I was, I know that grosses out most people but I am not squeamish when it comes to that, only when my kid sticks her dirty fingers in MY cone do I become grossed out!  LOL
Anyways...home at last, sitting on the couch in my nightie, fresh from my shower that I took before we left to get the ice cream, talking on the phone with my friend Christine.  All was going well until I decided to take a bite out of the side of the cone...big mistake!  Cone completely caves in, ice cream falls down my face and onto my chest, while the melted ice cream that was in the bottom of the cone oozes through my fingers, runs down my face, INTO my nightie, down my chest and drips all over my nice clean nightie,, and makes me a sticky, icky, blue mess (cotton candy ice cream..whats not to love?).  Of course I have to tell my friend I have to go, all the while trying not to choke on the mouthful of ice cream and cone that I have in my mouth, gather up my nightie and get my sticky self into the bathroom to clean up!  Eeewww!  That will probably be the final ice cream cone I have for the rest of the summer!  Damn!  What a mess!

Ok, now, onto the battle of wits..my daughter, aka Mini me is so much like me it is sometimes scary...I never realized just how sarcastic I can be, until I hear her throwing back the come backs like ninja stars!  She was complaining that it was hot in the house and we needed to turn the air back on..yadda, yadda, yadda..waaah waaah, waahh..so I say,"well, if you would shut your yapper for a while, it might cool down in here.", she, without missing a beat, says, "ya, why don't you grab some cotton balls for your ears, so they can block all the hot air that is seeping out of your ears from your head???" (Do you see what I have to put up with around here?? LOL)...BRAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment