Hello!

Welcome to my blog...

What is my blog about? Hmm..Everything, and anything! Whatever I feel like putting out there for everyone. I will probably blog alot about my love of reading, my obsession with nail polish, and whatever else falls in between.

Thanks for stopping by...come again!

Saturday, August 20, 2011

deal of a lifetime..

So, I was talking to my friend from Dallas last night and she made me a deal...one, I could not refuse, I just hope I can actually follow through.  I am going to need all the help and support I can get.
She knew I needed/wanted to lose weight AND that I really miss her and want to go see her in Dallas, so she said, for every 30 pounds I lose, she will pay for a "leg" of my journey to Dallas, 4 "legs" equals a round trip to/from Dallas. I was so excited I couldn't say no.  This is the kind of motivation I need.  I have zero will power but I really do want to visit her and my other friend who also lives in Dallas.
I got up and walked my dog at 7 am this morning and then went for an hour long walk after lunch too.  I was planning on going for another walk after supper but it is storming here, so I will just have to settle on walking up and down our stairs a few times as my nightly exercise.  My feet are really sore, but I am hoping to fight through the pain and keep battling on.  I really hope things go well with my foot surgeon appointment in September, and maybe I will actually get some kind of relief from the pain and swelling.
Keep your fingers crossed and me in your prayers please.  I am going to need every bit of help I can get if I want to succeed at this.
Last night, my friend Chris came over with my Avon order....









I had forgot about it so I was excited to get it.  I painted my nails with viva pink which is a gorgeous hot pink then went over top of that with the black mosaic.  This was great to apply and just a fraction of the cost of shatter (only $4.99).



I also used the paraffin wax treatment on my feet last night and they felt so smooth afterwards..ahh!
The rose cuticle butter was silky and creamy and applied very smoothly.  I'm not a huge rose scented fan, but I wanted to give it a try and the scent fortuneately isn't too overpowering so I will continue to use it and  the silicone glove hand cream felt amazing.
The pictures don't do the nail colour justice, but trust me, it is gorgeous! The other colours I got were Blossom and Vintage Boutique. The treatment polish is for ridges.


1 comment: